Thursday 29 August 2019

What next?


I hope you've had a great week so far. For some time now we've been quite unsure about what is coming next, are we going to stay in Germany or is it time to move somewhere else. Now it looks like our time in Germany is coming to it's end and we are moving back to Finland. I have a bit mixed feelings about this, part of me is sad to leave but part of me is happy, since I didn't really feel like I belong here.

When I moved to the Netherlands few years ago, it felt like home almost right away. I never got the same feeling here in Germany. It might have been the fact that almost no one here wants to speak English and I am not one who learns languages fast. I also feel like many things were better in Finland and in the Netherlands than here. I'm also thinking about doing a post where I compare living in Germany to living in the Netherlands and Finland, so let me know if you'd be interested in that.



//Toivottavasti sulla on ollut kiva viikko tähän asti! Nyt jonkun aikaa ruudun tällä puolen on ollut hieman epäselvyyttä siitä mitä ois seuraavaksi luvassa, jäädäkö Saksaan vai olisko aika lähteä jonnekin muualle. Nyt näyttääkin siltä, että meidän aika Saksassa on lopussa ja muutetaan takaisin Suomeen. Mulla on hieman sekavat fiilikset asiasta, osittain olo on hieman haikea, mutta samalla musta tuntuu etten vaan kuulunut tänne.

Silloin kun muutin Hollantiin muutama vuosi sitten, tuntui se lähestulkoon heti kuin olisi kotona. En ikinä saanut samaa fiilistä täällä Saksassa. Yksi syy tähän saattaa olla se, ettei ihmiset halua puhua englantia, enkä ole nopein kielten oppija itse. Tuntuu myös, että monet asiat oli sekä Suomessa, että Hollannissa paremmin kuin täällä. Ajattelinkin että olisi kiva tehdä joku postaus, missä vertaan Saksaa, Hollantia ja Suomea keskenään, joten olisi kiva kuulla mikäli sua kiinnostaisi kyseinen postaus! 


No comments :

Post a Comment